Directions & Rules
We are on the North West corner of Charleston and Rainbow in the Albertsons Plaza, 881 is located between Sign-o-Rama and Hair Masters on the north most end of the Albertsons building.
If you are south-bound on Rainbow, turn right into the driveway immediately following the main entrance to Home Depot and you will be looking right at us!
If you are north-bound on Rainbow, turn left at the traffic light for Home Depot, and then left again at the building front. We are the third shop on your right in the next building – BFG Chicken Strips, Hair Masters, and then us!!
West-bound on Charleston you’ll be turning right into the Albertsons and AutoZone parking lot just after the Rainbow intersection. Continue along the building towards Home Depot; we are third from the end on your left, after the empty Rite Aid and across the parking lot from the Dairy Queen
East-bound on Charleston turn left onto Rainbow heading north and then turn left at the Home Depot Main Entrance, then left again at the building front. We are the third shop on your right in the next building – BFG Chicken Strips, Hair masters, and then us!!
We strive to keep a great gaming atmosphere while still being a family friendly retail establishment. To this end we have laid down some house rules and will enforce them when necessary.
TRASH TALKING- in regards to someones age, shape, race, gender, religion, orientation or occupation is not acceptable. Trash talking their army choices however is not only acceptable; but expected. Keep It In The Game!
TABLES- are free to use and open play unless there is a scheduled event. If you wish to schedule an event it should include at least 6 people to warrant a reservation. If you can’t find space to play please speak up- we also have folding tables available and can usually fit everyone in.
For Friendly Games- You can play what ever rules and game suits your fancy as long as both players agree- just be prepared for confused comments from passer-by’s if your playing ..oh lets say… 3rd edition 40k.
MODELS- must be built to at least the torso and should be on the right base size- this fits most games for line of sight and helps resolve issues when using proxy’s. For tournament play models must be fully assembled and properly equipped. ”what you see is what you get”
SCHEDULING GAMES- is easiest on the forums; a great place to meet new gamers and opposition. Please Note: the shop will not give out your number- so if you want someone to reach you be sure they know how to contact you!
BRING YOUR OWN- books and dice. We do have store copies of most core rule books that you can use (stored in the white case) but the books that are on the wall are for sale, not for playing. Looking up one rule and putting it back is fine but these should not be taken to the table and if the book is damaged you will be buying it. If playing in a tournament you are expected to own your army book AND bring it with you.
LABEL YOUR STUFF- Avatar is not responsible for lost or stolen property. Your best defense is to keep your stuff together and handy (especially electronics) while you play and label books as soon as you purchase them. We will keep things in lost and found for two months before loaning them out as store property.
PLEASE RESPECT OUR BUSINESS- We have recently changed our policy about selling and trading used models and games while in our shop but ask that you RESPECT this privilege. In short- if this new freedom is abused and used to under cut and hurt business there may not be an Avatar for you to play at. We encourage trading, help people promote services they provide- such as painting or building for hire and offer the “Miniature Relocation Program” for store credit as great ways to help your hobby evolve and grow with you and your tight budget. I am certain that somewhere in all this we can get you the models you need, in the budget you have and still keep Avatar strong.- Thank you.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REQUIRE GAMERS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 TO BE ACCOMPANIED BY A RESPONSIBLE ADULT.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO ASK ANY PREVIOUSLY RESPONSIBLE ADULT WHO ISN’T ACTING LIKE ONE TO TAKE IT HOME AND COME BACK ANOTHER DAY.
FIGHT LIKE HELL… PLAY LIKE GENTLEMEN.
As a thank you for continuing to make Avatar Comics and Games your FLGS of choice we reward shoppers with special coupons earned with points. Here’s how it works-
- VIP Program is FREE! Once you sign up you earn one point of every dollar worth of merchandise you buy.
- Point levels are set per item, rounded to the closest whole point, and do not include tax or change if an item is on sale or you use a discount.
- Points never expire and are only removed if you’ve redeemed them
- Redeeming 300 points earns you a $15 off coupon that is same as cash in store. This can be used on ANYTHING, but any unused portion will be lost: no change given. You can put multiple $15′s together if you like for extra savings!
- Redeeming 400 points gets you a “20% off your whole purchase” coupon. Sadly these do have restrictions: you can not combine two 20% to get 40% off, you can not take 20% off something that is already on sale and there is select merchandise that is not eligible for discounts. Best Examples: Vintage Comics due to they’re rarity, Sealed boxes of CCG boosters- because they are already discounted, Games Workshop Direct Orders (ATO) due to manufacturer restictions on discount amounts.
- Yes you can use $15 off and a 20% off on the same purchase but the $15 will be applied first.
- A physical coupon can be produced if you wish to redeem points and use them at a later date but we are not responsible for lost coupons once they have been issued.
- Please keep your VIP # for future reference. Usually you can be looked up by name and phone number but to insure that you receive the proper points it is best that you keep your unique number.
M.R.P. - Miniature Relocation Program for Trade-
The Miniature Relocation Program is for gently used models looking for a new home. Models selected for this program are purely at Avatar’s discretion based on the condition of the model, current store inventory, gaming trends, etc. Fair price/value will be set by Avatar before this contract is signed and pay out percentages will be determined as follows:
- Credit up front will be offered 30% of its intended sale value.
- Current stock/inventory items will be taken on consignment on a 50/50% split.
- Classic and limited release items on consignment will receive a 70/30% split.
Must be a current VIP to qualify, all pay outs are store credit only, accounting will be done and available the first Tuesday of each month unless asking for credit up front. Consignment models remain owner’s property until they are sold and can be reclaimed in person or over the phone. All items are sold as-is and are non-returnable.
- Specialty consignment; such as custom built models or painted armies, will be accepted in select cases. Because we recognize the skill and time put into these works; these rare items sell at an 80/20% split, are sold at a price set by the seller and may be claimed in cash one week after sale. These rare cases require close inspection and prior management approval.
If reasonable doubt arises as to someone’s ownership or right to sell M.R.P. models Avatar will hold the property in question until the issue can be fairly resolved. If a solution cannot be reached after 2 months time, the items in question will become the property of Avatar Comics and Games.